Welcome to Sharudin Jamal Blogspot

More than two decades ago, I was diagnosed of having a peculiar illness known as Bipolar Affective Disorder. My world as I knew it crumbled; I lost my business, then my job and later my sense of purpose. It was during this dark moments I rediscovered the joy of running and writing. Most of the articles here are about my rekindled pleasure of hitting the tarmac, my coming to terms with the illness and my discovery of the meaning of life.

I always on the lookout for inspirations to write in these three areas with the hope that they will shed new ray of hope to others who are in the same position as I am.

Do keep in touch if you feel connected through these essays.

Sunday, November 8, 2020

8/11/20 Congratulations to Joe Biden and Kamala Harris from Malaysia

OK here are some of my thoughts...

America will rise again under Joe Biden.  Not economically but as a nation who are united in spirit.  Joe is a unifier and a people person.  Welfare will improve among the citizens and foreign relationships will be mended.

It is interesting to note that the strong-arm tactics that Trump used against China are not working.  China is fast becoming the world's first superpower with India following suit.

It is best for America to embrace the world's diversity than try to maintain the pole position as a world leader.  The USA likes it or not is losing that lead.

For the next 4 years, the USA should focus on leading in the area of Altruistic Management.  You should be seen as the champion of good governance amidst the degradation of the democratic system all over the world.  You must be seen as the model of how the power of democracy is helping the people instead of victimizing them as what happened during Trump's administration.

If Joe is to pass the torch to Kamala, it is important that the economic reforms of the USA are done in line with the global sentiment.  It cannot be a close economy as what Trump was doing.  It is important that Americans become global citizens especially within that side of the Atlantic.

Be mindful that America is a melting pot and should continue to be one.  It is not sufficient that the government to address the rural population because the majority is the urban population who are multiethnics.

I personally believe that America should stop feeding their economy based on war campaigns because although it benefits the nation in the short run, the long term effect is the price of education, health, and infrastructure.  Look at you and compare yourself with Japan and Germany.  Even Korea and to a lesser extent Vietnam.  The sooner you get rid of your John Wayne mentality the better.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be generous & kind with your words...